Todays Malaysian Top Hits } Beyonce Knowles - Halo.....

Custom Search

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Terrible images of Kugan

ALMOST two months after A. Kugan died in the Subang Taipan police lock-up, his mother, N. Indra, still cries herself to sleep every night.

Now, sleep is even more elusive after she came to know about the pain and suffering he endured before he died, five days after he was arrested on Jan 15 in connection with police investigations into a series of luxury car thefts.

Every time she closes her eyes, she sees her son’s bruised, battered and burnt body.

In an interview with Malay Mail, Indra said she is still unable to accept the fact that her son is gone, so much so her husband, R. Ananthan, refused to show her the second post-mortem report prepared y the independent pathologist hired by the family. The report was released on Monday.

Ananthan relented only after Indra insisted. What she saw shocked her.

“I have never laid a finger on my son but these heartless policemen beat him to death. Only a mother knows how I feel. The pain is so unbearable that I wish I were dead,” she alleged of the case that the Attorney-General has reclassified as murder.

My life has changed forever.

He is my first-born. The manner in which I lost him makes it even more difficult for me to deal with. I did not carry him for nine months in my womb just so that someone can torture him this way.

“There were signs that he was starving before he died. He was never hungry when he was with me. I would cook him his favourite dish, fried chicken and nuggets, whenever he was hungry.”

Indra said her three other children miss Kugan too but that the one hardest hit is her husband.

“As a father, he always thought that Kugan would be around to provide for the family if anything were to happen to him. He loved Kugan more than anything in this world. Now, he worries
about who will take care of the family if he dies.”

Yesterday, Kugan’s family members and relatives, accompanied by their lawyer N. Surendran, Teluk Intan MP M. Manoharan, Kapar MP S. Manikavasagam and Police Watch coordinator S. Jayathas submitted the second post-mortem report to the Attorney-General’s office at Putrajaya.
A-G Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail, however, is in Mecca, performing the umrah. The head of the chamber’s prosecution division, Tun Majid Tun Hamzah, received the report on his behalf.

Tun Majid declined to comment.

Surendran hoped that the attorney-general would take immediate action.

“It is up to the A-G now. He has classified the case as murder and we have submitted the relevant evidence.

So, the ball is in his court.”


Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nothing Very Special, Just A normal person who seek for his bright future.